The myofasciitis (MMF) is a rare disease identified in 1993, characterized by of microscopic lesions present in muscle biopsies that show infiltration of macrophages in muscle tissue. The specific causes of MMF are unknown, but the disease is most often associated with the pathological persistence of hydroxide of aluminum used in some vaccines. Clinical symptoms include muscle and joint, pain, a significant muscle weakness, fatigue, fever, chronic digestive disturbances, defective neurotransmissions (touch, ears, eyes etc.) and neuro-cognitive disorders. The disease is degenerative.
The discovery of the myofasciitis is made in several stages from 1993. It was first considered as an infectious disease, then evidence of aluminum in muscle biopsies has oriented research without adjuvant vaccines, the hypothesis is that the MFM is an unusual reaction following intramuscular injection. The emergence of the MFM is the generalization of the intramuscular route for vaccinations in France in the early 1990.
Histological lesions are specific. Muscle biopsy performed on the site of the vaccination, most often the left deltoid, shows infiltration of the fascia and the connective tissue died and endomysial by macrophages step + containing crystals of aluminum hydroxide.
The clinical picture is debilitating and has schematically 3 States:
- a “precarious” State (predominant): combination of physical disorders and neurocognitive disabling;
- a “discharge” State: total functional failure by loss of awareness;
- a State “of grace”: puff of near remission of the healthy state.
The State “precarious” is characterized primarily by permanent pain, General chronic fatigue, leading to exhaustion, associated with a muscle asthenia and neurocognitive disorders.
The General State is marked by weakness and chronic, severe and disabling fatigue for the most basic activities, such as balance or walking, sometimes even verbal expression, plus a quasi-permanent pseudo influenza syndrome, regularly punctuated by discomfort.
Arthralgias, permanent and fluctuating in intensity and location, on all peripheral and axial joints with congestive and inflammatory relapses pluriquotidiennes.
Myalgias, aches and contractures severe, permanent and fluctuating localization on all peripheral muscles and dorsal and cervical muscle, worsening in the slightest effort intensity and persistent several days after. The most inflammatory type. Pain in the muscle contraction required (holding a book, a telephone, etc.). The pressure of the muscle body pain and tendons of skeletal muscles. [Paroxysmal cramps very disabling.
Bone pain characterized by diffuse pain fluctuating and non-systématisables (hands, neck, etc.). Chronic headache, ocular migraines sometimes. Abdominal pain, contractures and burns type.
Motor function disorders:
- Decrease overall and debilitating muscle force, affecting the slightest gesture of daily (write, turn key, cut meat, chew, port of even light, shave, etc.).
- Tone disorder marked by General hypotonia.
- Reduced endurance and muscle strength.
- Dyspnea in the moderate effort.
- Ataxia making walking difficult, slow and unstable, or requiring a rapid pace.
- Static postural disorders (sitting, standing) and dynamic.
- Disorders of balance transfers, in position standing and walking.
- Kinetic incoordinations, gestural clumsiness (loss of accuracy and control of the force of préhensions, loupées steps, objects outside, etc.) on both sides.
- Slurred speech: dysphonies, reduction of the stream, phonatoires blockades, dysarthria.
- Contractions fugitive, day and night, the four members and the spinal muscles.
- Nocturnal contractions involuntary and violent of the masseter.
- Discrete dyskinesia of the hands disrupting fine gestures (e.g. keyboard input.)
- Nocturnal myoclonus of members below and episodic with the left hand.
Sensory and sensory disorders:
- General Cénestopathie.
- Pulp hypoesthesia of hands.
- Paresthesia of variable intensity of the 2 hands. Sometimes at the level of the feet.
- Painful dysesthesia, type of needles, plantar support at sunrise.
- Sensitivity to intense light (neon, halogen, sometimes natural light).
- Diplopia, decreased Visual acuity.
- Eye strain requiring hard to read.
There are neurodegenerative disorders:
- Heat disorders (overcautiousness, puffs of heat) and disabling.
- Dizzy sensations.
- Hypersudations General, night and sometimes diurnal.
- Regular spontaneous redness of the palms of the hands.
- Falling asleep difficult.
- Sleep disturbed by thermal disturbances and regular clocks.
- Restless legs syndrome.
- Significant fatigue at sunrise.
There are also disorders of the transit, alternating diarrhea and constipation with bloat, episodic nausea or sphinctériens type of impériosités or disorders of urinary leakage.
On the cognitive and behavioural plan:
- Disorders of the vigilance requiring ongoing intellectual stimulation
- daytime sleepiness
- wakefulness regularly imposing exhausting efforts
- Disorders of attention, intellectual concentration and the association of ideas
- costly interruption of basic tasks, repeat/return back to
- intellectual fatigability in reading, writing, the holding of a conversation
- Memory in the short term, sometimes in a same action
- Procedural memory corruption
- Mental slowing
- Loss of figures, dyscalculia, financial management
- Phasic disorders
- loss of the word, episodic confusion, difficulty to express ideas in a unique way
- disorders of the syntax, grammar, cognition
- substitutions, inversions oral and written of syllables and words, omission of letters written
- Alteration of the taking of initiative
- Behavioural disorders
- changes of mood and character, feeling of instability, irritability, or irritability
- anxiety of the unknown, the unexpected, the outside, the willingness, crowding
- episodic apathy, loss of self-esteem, recurrent aboulia (play, etc.)
- persistent ideas, holds before yet simple situations
The State “discharge” is characterized by mental and functional disabilities total, linked to a massive collapse, pseudo-comateux. Consciousness first presents, does no communication with the entourage, and then quickly transferred into a deep sleep. The talking picture appears to be that of the empty battery need recharging by sleep. The occurrence of crises is unpredictable. A few signs (compelling yawns, exhaustion suddenly more intense mental asthenia) appear just before the collapse and allow to isolate themselves.
The State “of grace” is marked by a kind of remission with almost no more pain or motor disorders and a return of the cognitive and gestural fluidity.
The few signs found in the blood balance sheet are sometimes:
- increase moderate sedimentation rate;
- moderate increase in Transaminases GPT (CPK).